Proper Sitting Position
Many factors contribute to poor posture. Some of which include, weak postural muscles, abnormally tight muscles, decreased flexibility, a poor work environment, incorrect working posture, and unhealthy sitting and standing habits.
Improve your sitting posture with these tips:
- Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don’t reach the floor.
- Don’t cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
- Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
- Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
- Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
- Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
Information gathered from: American Chiropractic Association (n.d.). Tips to Maintain Good Posture. Retrieved from https://acatoday.org/content/posture-power-how-to-correct-your-body-alignment